Google Data Studio: the latest features released
Google Data Studio released a bunch of cool features in addition to the Google Maps integration major update.
Three features in particular are getting our attention:
- Full integration between dashboards and Google Analytics
- Drag & Drop metrics and dimensions directly inside a chart/table
- Conditional Formatting for tables
Let’s dive in and see in more detail what’s new.
Google Data Studio / Google Analytics full integration
We are not talking about the connectors that are already available, but now we have a full integration for Data Studio inside Google Analytics custom reports.
If you sign into Google Analytics and click the “Customization” section, you will spot an alert inside the dashboard report:
When you click one of the links set inside Google Analytics’ interface a ready-to-use Data Studio dashboard will open. The report template displays basic data and filters. You have three dashboards available: the first populated with audience data, the second with users’ acquisition and the third with contents and behavior.
My 2 Cents: it is so useful if you are a newbie to Google Data Studio or if you need to share basic information with your colleagues or your bosses without oblige them to log in into Google Analytics!
Drag and drop: use dimensions and metrics to create a chart
Now you can easily drag fields into the canvas to create or update metrics and dimension via drag & drop.
- Drag&Drop for metrics:
- Drag&Drop for a dimension or a metric:
Tables and conditional formatting
Conditional formatting allows to set the font and display your data in different colours according to specific condition you define. As an example, you might need to better understand how your campaigns are performing, you can set a specific colour for the font and change the background of the scorecard according to the revenue. Two different types of conditional formats are available:
- Single color conditional formatting applies a specific font colour and background colour to fields.
- Color scale conditional formatting applies gradations of colours once you define a minimum, midpoint, and maximum thresholds.
Single conditional formatting example:
- Set up single colour conditional formatting elements
- Final results for single colour formatting
Colour scale conditional formatting example
- Set up colour scale colour conditional formatting elements
- Final results
Vicolo Buranelli, 2
90 Long Acre, Covent Garden
London - Greater London
80 S.W. 8th Street
33130 - Miami
United States of America